Know your family farmer
The Eastside Farmers' Market is Madison's finest weekday farmers' market. Our goal is to bring the freshest Wisconsin grown food direct to the heart of the East side. Our thirty vendor members are agricultural producers and food artisans who make value added products from Wisconsin's agricultural bounty. We aim to create a dynamic and fun community event based on great local food and connecting with each other in a real way. Ask your family farmer what is new this week and your Tuesday afternoons will be brighter.
The eastside community invests in our local food system
The brambly lot next to the railroad tracks along E. Wilson St. was home to the Eastside Farmers' Market from its opening day in 2002. The market, initially sponsored by Willy Street Coop, later moved to the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center to facilitate the build out of Madison's Central Park. The Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center hosted the market from 2010 through 2015. In 2016, the Eastside Farmers' Market is on the move back to the new and improved Central Park. Proud to be vendor run and managed going forward.
The Eastside Farmers’ Market exists to pursue the following goals:
- To contribute to the vitality of the near east side community.
- To give growers and producers of local agricultural commodities and other farm related products direct marketing opportunities.
- To promote the sale of locally-grown and artisan farm products.
- To expand the availability of organic and natural foods that is fresh, full-flavored, unique, healthy, and nutritious to the near east side community.
- To provide an opportunity for farmers and east side residents to deal directly with each other rather than through third parties and thereby get to know and learn from one another.
- To foster local and regional food shed systems in order to support a commitment to mutual respect, fairness, responsibility, and accountability from farmer to consumer.
- To support the local agricultural base by seeking products that have been grown and processed in ways that protect and enhance the air, water, soil, wildlife, and biodiversity.
- To enhance the quality of life on the east side by providing an activity which fosters community and social interaction.
- To preserve agricultural land use, support the local agricultural base, and ensure the continued regional existence of our agricultural heritage.
Conveniently located off of the E. Washington corridor and the East side bike path.
Thank you to all our loyal customers throughout the years!
The Eastside Farmers' Market is a Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, 2016 Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin grant recipient. This funding from the Department of Agriculture will help us offer a bigger, easier-to-access Madison Eastside Farmers' Market to vendors and consumers.
The market is grateful to the City of Madison Parks Department and Alder Marsha Rummel for supporting our move home to Central Park.