Market Assistant Job Description
Social Media & Marketing Focus
Application Deadline: April 5th
The farmers market assistant is responsible for assisting with
on-site operations of the seasonal farmers market.
This seasonal position will work up to 5 hours/week for 25 weeks, from April through October. The position may occasionally be required to work additional hours attending meetings and assisting with scheduled events as well as Winter markets from October to December. The Market Assistant reports directly to the Market Manager and the Board of Directors.
(may include but not limited to)
- Assists with overseeing market site and market day activities.
- Assists with set up and tear down of market site and/or surrounding area which may include vendor booths, community booths, signage, etc.
- Assists with enforcing market rules to ensure safety and equality for vendors and guests.
- Assists with developing, organizing and executing a community events calendar and activity plan.
- Assists with transportation of market equipment.
- Manage market social media accounts.
- Event planning, development and execution.
- Social media marketing principles
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective working relationship with vendors, the public, market volunteers and market manager.
- Work independently with no direct supervision and prioritize work.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Work in various weather conditions such as heat, humidity, wind, rain, etc.
- Must have a smart phone with access to Facebook and Instagram.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to Lift up to 50 Lbs
Wage: Starts at $13/hour
If interested please submit a current resume, cover letter with at least 2 references to Eastside Farmers' Market P. O. Box 3082 Madison, WI 53704-3082 or email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Board Member Katy Dickson at 608-966-3464